Maya has recently introduced a new feature that allows you to create your @username for your Maya account, making sending and receiving money easier.
The @username is associated with your Maya account and can be used in place of difficult-to-remember 11-digit cellphone numbers. This is especially useful for small businesses since you can use your store’s name as your account’s login to make payment simpler.
To set up your Maya @username:
1. Tap the “Profile” icon on the upper-left corner and tap “Get Started.”
2. Key in your preferred @username and hit “Confirm.”
3. Finish off by keying in the One Time Password (OTP) sent via SMS.
Once you’ve registered your desired @username, other users can contribute funds to your account using it:
- Tap “Send Money” on the Maya app
- Key in the recipient’s @username, input the amount to send, and tap “Continue.”
- Review the “Send Money” transaction details and tap “Send.”
- Wait for Maya’s confirmation via SMS.
Usernames are exclusive to each Maya account holder, so select wisely. Whenever you want to receive money through Maya, you have the option of providing either your login or the mobile number associated with your account. In general, registration of usernames is on a first-come, first-served basis; for security purposes, Maya has set the following registration guidelines for usernames.