Netflix has officially introduced its ad-supported tier, dubbed ‘Basic with Ads,’ for USD 6.99 per month.
Basic with Ads includes the same features as Netflix’s Basic package, with a few exceptions:
- • What remains constant: A vast selection of outstanding TV series and movies; a personalized viewing experience; available on a variety of TV and mobile devices; and the ability to change or cancel your plan at any time.
- • What’s unique: Video quality up to 720p/HD (now available on both our Basic with Ads and Basic plans); 4 to 5 minutes of ads each hour; a limited number of movies and TV episodes will be unavailable owing to licensing constraints, which we are working on; no possibility to download titles
In the United States, Basic with Ads will cost USD 6.99 a month (PHP 411.77 based on a PHP 58.91 = USD 1.00 conversion) and will go on sale on November 3 at 9 a.m. PT.
Basic with Ads will be offered in the following countries: Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Netflix provides the following services to advertisers who want their commercials to appear on the platform:
- • Ad Format: At first, commercials will be 15 or 30 seconds long and will play before and during shows and movies.
- • Advertiser Controls: To assist advertisers in reaching the correct audience — and to guarantee that our ads are more relevant to consumers — we will provide wide targeting capabilities by country and genre (e.g. action, drama, romance, sci-fi). Advertisers will also be able to avoid having their advertising show on content that is incongruous with their brand (e.g. sex, nudity or graphic violence).
- • Verification Tools: Beginning in Q1 2023, we will partner with DoubleVerify and Integral Ad Science to validate the viewability and traffic legitimacy of our ads.
- • Audience Measurement: Nielsen will use its Digital Ad Ratings (DAR) in the United States to help advertisers understand how Netflix can reach their target audience. This will be available in 2023 and will eventually be reported via Nielsen ONE Ads.