The Axie Infinity team has announced the upcoming season 20 changes, which include economic balancing adjustments affecting adventure mode SLP, daily quest SLP, and arena reward structure.
According to the team’s most recent update, the project has entered “a period of economic uncertainty,” and they are taking steps to ensure that a “healthy, predictable economy evolves over time.”
The team also discussed the high inflation of SLP, with approximately 4x more SLP created (supplied) per day than burned (demanded) through breeding. Aside from developing more burn mechanisms, the team is also considering where they can strategically reduce issuance to help balance the economy.
The following are the anticipated changes at Axie Infinity:
Adventure Mode and Daily Quest Rewards have been removed:
• As a first step toward economic stabilization, we have removed the 50 SLP that can be earned from adventure mode each day. This alone will remove approximately 130 million SLP per day.
• Eliminating daily quests to reduce issuance by approximately 45 million SLP per day.
PVP Reward Structure Has Been Revamped:
• For Season 20, we’ve increased the number of leaderboard slots to 300,000 and the amount of AXS distributed to 117,676. This will boost the competitive Axie scene and increase demand for high-quality Axie teams in the ecosystem. This translates to a six-million-dollar prize pool for Season 20!
• For players with less than 800 MMR, we will restore 1 SLP per win. This will provide some utility to weaker Axies and encourage players to practice even if they are still learning or struggling with the game. Advances in our bot detection system, as well as lower earnings for bots, have enabled the reintroduction of these rewards.
Increasing the Burn
A variety of burn mechanisms and economic sinks will be required by the team. This comprehensive approach consists of the following components:
• Axie body parts that have been upgraded • In-game emojis • Breeding events • Buy-in tournaments • Axie naming
0-999 – 1 SLP per win
1000-1099 – 3 SLP per win
1100-1299 – 6 –> 5 SLP per win (Rank default)
1300-1499 – 9 –> 6 SLP per win
1500-1799 – 12 –> 8 SLP per win
1800-1999 – 15 –> 10 SLP per win
2000+ – 18 –> 12 SLP per win
• Increasing the linearity of energy scaling by adding additional tiers and ensuring that the energy per Axie added to each account provides a sufficient incentive to avoid splitting Axies up or multi-accounting. This would make utility for basic floor axes more accessible to the average player. (The team stated that this has not yet been implemented, but it is something they are pushing internally right now.)
According to the Axie Infinity team, these economic changes will allow them to start moving the economy in the right direction, and that it will be critical to execute on delivering new burn mechanisms this year. Although they admit that the issuance reductions will not be enough to re-energize their economic engine, they are required to build a fully functional and sustainable economy.
“When Origin is released, it will be critical for us to share a roadmap of the upcoming features and economic sinks that will be added as we iterate quickly on the game,” the team continued.
At the time of writing, 1 SLP was equal to PHP 0.548403.