ASUS has officially introduced the latest additions to its current flagship series: the ROG Phone 6D and ROG Phone 6D Ultimate, both of which are equipped with the top-of-the-line MediaTek Dimensity 9000+ chipsets.
The pair share the same 6.78-inch AMOLED display with a buttery smooth 165Hz refresh rate, 10-bit color, and HDR10+ support.
The ASUS ROG Phone 6D and 6D Ultimate both have a GameCool 6 thermal system and AirTrigger 6 for additional gaming controls. The main distinctions between both devices are the specifications and back shell design—the ordinary option is limited to 16GB/256GB with ‘Aura RGB’ on its back, whilst the Ultimate offers up to 16GB/512GB with ‘ROG Vision,’ which displays stylish animation and other information.
Their complete specifications are listed here.
ASUS ROG Phone 6D, 6D Ultimate specs
- 6.78-inch FHD+ (2448 x 1080 pixels) Samsung E4 AMOLED display
- 165Hz refresh rate, 720Hz touch sampling rate, 1ms response time
- 2-inch OLED ROG Vision Display (6D Ultimate) | Aura RGB Lighting (6D)
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Mediatek Dimensity 9000+ SoC
- Mali-G710 MC10
- 12GB, 16GB LPDDR5X RAM
- 256GB (6D), 512GB (6D Ultimate) UFS 3.1 internal storage
- Triple-rear cameras: 50MP Sony IMX766 main + 13MP ultrawide + 5MP macro
- 12MP Sony IMX663 front camera
- 5G, 4G LTE
- WiFi 6E
- Bluetooth 5.3
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Dual front-facing stereo speakers w/ Cirrus Logic amplifiers
- Dual USB-C
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- IPX4 splash resistance
- GameCool6 Cooling system w/ AeroActive Cooler 6 accessory (for 6D Ultimate only)
- Fingerprint scanner (in-display)
- Android 12 with ROG UI
- 6,000mAh Li-Po battery, 65W HyperCharge
- 173 x 77 x 10.4 mm
- 247g (6D Ultimate) | 239g (6D)
- Space Gray
Furthermore, ASUS demonstrated the ROG Phone 6 BATMAN Edition, which was created in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC. The gadget is based on the previously launched ROG Phone 6, and it features custom-made Batman-inspired Aura RGB lighting, as well as either a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 or a MediaTek Dimensity 9000+ processor.
It also includes cool extras like the classic Bat-Signal mini projector and Batman Aero Cases, all housed in a gorgeous packaging box that screams Dark Knight.
The ASUS ROG Phone 6D costs EUR 949 (Php 54,716), while the ROG Phone 6D Ultimate costs EUR 1,399 (Php 80,679) and comes with an AeroActive Cooler 6. Meanwhile, ASUS is yet to announce local pricing and availability for the ROG Phone 6 BATMAN Edition, which is priced at EUR 1,199 (Php 69,147) for the 12GB+256GB combo. Stay tuned for further information!